Labels

Saturday 19 April 2014

CAMPING FUN!

(Note: I wrote most of this yesterday when I got back, It's being uploaded a day late, Sorry.)

I'M BACK!

Hello Internet!

After a week away, I'm back to my internet addicted self. So after talking to friends and catching up on the YouTube I missed, I'm blogging and writing. Cause, guess what. You know how I said that I was going to write when I was away. Yeah...That didn't happen. I got distracted Harry Potter (I'm re-reading) and campy-ness.

So, even though I completely forgot about that, I had a great time and it was a good 'just relax' time. Some days we had stuff planned but most of the time it was pretty chilled out. But highlights were.

  • Soccer. Boys v. Girls was horrible. But we were winning for a time. And we did have 2 boys on our team. We still lost.
  • Soccer #2. Yep, we played twice. We probably would've had more games except the park we were staying at started to get really full for Easter so we lost our pitch area. Anyway, this game was more even, one of the parents split up the teams and it ended up as both teams won because of a penalty shot? I don't know what happened but we decided to leave it as we all won. Which was good. This was probably my favourite game out of the two because it was even and it RAINED! Mud and soccer are fun. Seriously. And I got to go have a hot shower afterwards.
  • Singing. After the rainy soccer match, we sat under one families shelter and the boys had a guitar and they would make up songs. The could all sing (to a certain degree) and would just sing about whatever came to mind. It was funny to listen to and some of them were kinda catchy and people were singing them in the morning. :) 
  • The River. Cold. No. Freezing. But still fun, splashing around in freezing cold, waist deep water is fun. There were a few rapids that we had fun trying to walk through and we went down one night to throw the rocks to create sparks. Yeah...we're a little bit weird.
  • Bucketts Way Climb. We climbed up the mountain yesterday and my legs are definitely not loving me for it. It took about 3 hours to climb (up and back) with one rest stop at the top of the first hill. It is steep. VERY steep. As in, climbing on your hands and feet steep. I can not describe how steep it is, it's just crazy. Although it is a brilliant walk and the views from the top are amazing. A few of the boys climbed up further which gave us extra time to rest. Climbing down was fun too, steep mountain and jelly legs, but I DIDN'T FALL. YAY!
  • Campfire. The best part of the day, when it was starting to get dark, the fire was started. Everyone would sit around, go off for dinner or showers, but there was always a time when everyone was there we had a pretty big fire, but we had to fit around 20 people so, yeah. Around the fire was fun because we would just sit and talk or sing or play games and it was just nice to sit there with everyone. Not to mention a lot warmer than everywhere else.
Over all. It was great. I love camping with these people and I hope we go again in October. I hope you all had a great week and enjoy the rest of your holidays (if you're on holidays).

Happy Saturday.

(P.S. Reviewsday Tuesday will be here this week. Hopefully...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)