Labels

Monday 24 February 2014

Movie Mondays: The Hunger Games

(I came up with a name. It's a work if pure genius. Isn't it? If you have any other ideas. Tell me!)

(SPOILERS FOR CATCHING FIRE AHEAD)


I was thinking the other day. I don't know what about. But I came across the Hunger Games and I wondered... The people still in the districts and the Capitol especially, do they sleep during the hunger games coverage? I know it's a short about of time, maybe a week or so, but a lot of stuff came happen under the cover of night. Stuff that the viewers might want to see. I know that in Catching Fire she shoots the force field thing around the arena and it breaks down to reveal a blue sky when it was night time in the games. 

Which also makes me wonder is it night during the games and daytime outside? But it looked like the right time when they went in? Do they make the days shorter in the games to make it seem like its going quicker? Or do they just shorten the first day so they might go into the games in the morning but when they go in it might become dark quickly? 

SO MANY QUESTIONS!! 

And another question... In catching fire, when the sky breaks and falls down, it looks pretty solid. So how to the hovercrafts get in? Would they just come in though a sliding panel or something? And, if so, how do they do it without the tributes noticing. 

I think that's enough stuff to ponder. To be honest I started out with that first point in mind and the rest just stemmed off from that. 

Anyway. 

Happy Movie Monday. 

1 comment:

  1. Hunger Games <3
    You're not the only one thinking about these things ;) As for the first two of your questions: I think people do sleep and get some kind of summary every hour or so to keep them up to date when they're awake. The Arena is the thing that isn't making any sense. Because in the first book (did you read them? It'll clarify a lot) it's said that the Game Makers are changing day and night to get things over with. So they can make the night as long or short as they want.
    But your last question, wow, I'd never thought about that but you've got a huge point. How do they do that?! I hadn't even noticed it, because I went with a friend who asked me why Katniss looked stoned during all the action, so...
    Anyway, random stranger is done with her HG jabbering :P

    http://pickingupthepiecesoflife.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Stay Amazing. :)