Labels

Saturday 8 February 2014

Prologue!

So, mainly because I didn't know what to post, I decided to post the prologue of the story I am currently writing. I haven't edited it much and feel like I should add more to it but this is what I have. I hope you enjoy it and please tell me what you think, but, without further ado, here it is. The prologue of the story that doesn't have a title yet...

Prologue: The Girl.
"But Sir..." The man pleaded.

"But nothing!" The other man replied. A gunshot sliced through the air hitting the man in the chest, cutting him off him off mid-sentence as he looked at the new bullet hole in his abdomen. He collapsed on the floor, his eyes rolling back in their sockets.

The shooter pointed to two men in front of him. “Take him away!” he ordered.

"Take him away!" The other man ordered, pointing to two other men in front of him. The two men dragged the body out of the room as their leader scanned the crowd in front of him.

"You!" He shouted, pointing to a man standing off to his right. He had brown hair, cut short so you could only just see the curls, and dark brown eyes. He was lean, but not to scrawny. You could describe his build as the ‘spy build’ and that would describe him pretty well.

When he noticed his leader was pointing at him he stood to attention, saluting.

"Yes Sir!" He replied abruptly.

"Come here!" the man ordered. The boy scurried towards the man, his brown hair falling loosely in front of his eyes, he brushed it away before standing to attention before his leader.

"Name."

"Evans, Sir"

"Good. You are now my second in command. You are in charge of finding the girl. No excuses. Find her and bring her to me. Alive."

"Sir, yes sir!"

"Choose seven other agents, get supplies and leave at once." The leader informed. The newly appointed second in command then walked back to join the crowd of other men.

"You are dismissed!" The twenty or so other agents filed out of the room leaving their leader alone.

"Honey!" a sing-song voice rang out from behind the man "I'm home!"

"Hey Sylvia." He replied.

"Buzzy," she chided appearing behind him. She wore a grey business suit and her pale blonde hair was pulled into a high, neat bun on the top of her head. Her electric blue eyes looked at her husband with the upmost affection and worry "What's wrong?"

"She got away again.” The man replied. He looked a lot like his wife, same pale blonde hair, closely cropped, blue eyes gazing blankly ahead. “It’s the third time this month!"

"Honey, it’ll be fine. We'll find her this time. I have a hunch." She walked up and laid a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Sylvia." he said turning to his wife. "You've said that the last eight times we've been looking for this girl."

"But this time I really feel It." she coaxed.

"You've said that the past seven." He sighed. "But I hope your right Syl. This time we need to get her. She turns sixteen in three days." He sighed again and turned to leave the room. As he walked out he was muttering under his breath.

"Summer, Summer, Summer. Why do you make this so hard?"


***

So that's it. I feel like it's really short but it's all that I can put in there without giving everything away. Please tell me what you think. :) Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)