Labels

Monday 3 February 2014

Writers block, yet I have too many ideas.

So I would consider myself a very, very amateur writer. I have written 4 books, and haven't finished one of them...

I am a procrastinator and a perfectionist. NOT a good combination. I worry about what I'm writing and I like to have a plan of everything that I'm doing and then when something I don't like happens I just stop and really want to start again. I know it's horrible.

I started writing a story to upload to wattpad and I really loved my idea and the title and how everything was going along and then...I didn't have a major plot. Sure I had ideas that would effect the book and generally shape it but I had no idea what would happen after that. So I stopped, took a break and haven't gone back to it...

That's because this brilliant thing called NaNoWriMo came along. For anyone who doesn't know what that is it stands for National Novel Writing Month, and in the month of November each year you aim to write 50,000 words. I had a vague plot planned out and I got to about 16,000 words by the end of the month, but as always my downfall was not having the plot thought through enough.

(But one of my friends did finish and was published, you can buy the book, I'll link it at the end.)

So I have 2 stories that I'm currently working because I love both ideas. And I switch between both. (Would I get away with saying I'm keeping it fresh?) I work on both regularly although I'm currently in the process of changing one book from first person to third. Fun...(note the sarcasm)

 I made a New Year's resolution to try and finish one of these and since its the start of February and I haven't done much I feel like I should write a bit more. I'm really enjoying writing this blog though. So, yay. If only writing a book was as easy as writing a blog.

So, Happy February guys. I'm off to try and write a bit more.

Links:

My friends book:
http://www.amazon.com/13-Days-Rachel-Swan/dp/1494396912
   (Please read, I loved it and I'm no just saying that. She is also i the process of writing the sequel.)

NaNoWriMo:
http://nanowrimo.org/
   (I will be participating again this year with a full pot thought out before hand, I hope to see you there.)

Wattpad:
http://www.wattpad.com/
    (There are some amazing books on here. Books I would buy if they were published.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)