Labels

Friday 16 May 2014

3 reasons to love Kindle.

My little end of week present to you. :)

That was random...

I love reading. I read all the time and I love nothing better than curling on my bed with a hot chocolate, reading a good book. And I love reading a real, paper, book. But I also own a Kindle. And I love it too.

There are definitely downsides to Kindles. They don't have the same smell and feel of a book. (That sounded creepy.) Or that I don't have a visual representation of all the books I've read. Or the feeling of carrying a thick novel around in in your arm. And the fact that they're electronic, that can always pose problems. But there's definitely an upside as well.

1. I catch a bus to school everyday for about and hour up and back, and I read on the bus. I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series and, let me tell you, trying to pack The Goblet of Fire (which I'm currently reading.) into a backpack with all my other books and lunch and stuff, it's not fun. A kindle's a lot easier, especially reading a book that you don't want to be judged on (If you're self-conscience, like me.), no one can see what you're reading. Being able to read on my iPod while on the go is also awesome.

2. In my family, we like reading. We all read. Even Dad. And my Mum's an infants teacher and my sister and I are obsessed with reading and my other sister, well, we tend not to mention her. But she reads a bit. So In my house, we have a lot of books. Three bookcases full. One double stacked. My desk is covered in books and we generally have a lot of books in our house. So having Kindles ( my sister and I have one each.) is a big help in the problem of over stocking books.

3. It's cheaper. It's simple and makes me sound like a cheap skate. But it's true. I saved 60% on a book that isn't even out yet. To buy the book, it would've been around $25, the average price for a novel. I paid $10. I saw the price and refreshed the page over and over, not believing that it could be true. I sent a photo to my friend who is also awaiting the release of the book and she was over the moon. (Mainly because she knows that she can get it off me.) The book, City of Heavenly Fire, has been so greatly anticipated, I expected it to be crazily over priced with people trying to make the most of fans pre-ordering. So I was happily surprised. There's also heaps of freebies that aren't that bad but I think you get my point of they're cheaper.

As John Green once said, "I don't care how you read, as long as you are reading." (Or something like that.) That's something I strongly agree with. Reading a good book is amazing no matter how you read it. So if you've been thinking about getting a Kindle but are sceptical or a purist about books, try it? You can get them pretty cheaply (I did a quick search, around $70) and they're amazing.

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)