Labels

Thursday 29 May 2014

Musical Update

I mentioned it a while ago. I was super super excited about it a while ago and I thought I should update y'all.  (  ...  )

Term Two started and with it, the realisation that the Musical is nearing quickly. As we start week 5. We now have only 3 weeks to go. 

Please excuse me while I go faint because I only just realised that. 

Overall. I think we're going okay. We're getting through it but 3 weeks isn't a long time. But our principles are amazing (some of the other cast members are not).
And, of course, we know all of our lines, songs, choreography and blocking. (As well as everyone else's) But does everyone. No. We ran through one of the big group numbers, telephone hour, with all the people who are in it. And it was worrying. Watching them. Half of them didn't what group they were in, or what part they were singing or their harmony line. But I'm staying optimistic. They have time to work that out. But to be fair. A lot of time has already gone into that number. And we still have 1 or 2 scenes that haven't even been looked at yet. But they're principle scenes so we'll all be okay. Hopefully. 

Overall. Everyone's stressing. Half of us have colds and the other half don't turn up to rehearsals. Just kidding! There's only about 5 sick principles. Yay! 

On the plus side, I might be singing, off stage, as a boy, in Telephone Hour. Which is going to be fun. Although it might be weird seeing 3-4 guys singing with the voice of 8 people. Either way. 

Think happy thought. 3 WEEKS! This time, in 3 weeks, I'll be crazily preparing for a week of shows. AGH! Stressful times. Anyway, if your in the area, you should come. And it's the RTHS show (because another nearby school is also doing, I'm going to see that the night of our matinee. ;)

Happy Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)