Labels

Tuesday 27 May 2014

City of Heavenly Fangirl (Reviewsday Tueaday)

This is the only thing on my mind at the moment. Sorry. 

MAJOR SPOLIERS AHEAD!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! ENTER AT OWN RISK!

SPOILERS FROM THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS AND THE INFERNAL DEVIES SERIES AND OTHERS FROM CoHF THAT I'VE SEEN FLOATING AROUND THE INTERNET!!

So...

City of Heavenly Fire comes out TODAY!!! Well it's the 27th but when I preordered it, it said the 28th. Either way. I HAVEN'T READ IT YET!!!

I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago and I'm patiently (yeah right) waiting for it to automatically download onto my Kindle.

So today I want to address some things that, I think, need to be resolved in CoHF. And probably will since its the last TMI book. But if its anything like TID, the upcoming series, TDA, will tie in with everything else. Maybe. Or perhaps it will tie in with TLH (another series to be published. This lady keeps busy.) But onto meeting my inner fangirl. 

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

1. Malec. The only people I've really ever "shipped". That probably sounds weird because they're a gay couple but (fangirl initiate) they're just so perfect together. 

When they broke up at the end if CoLS, I was on holidays and I was reading before I went to bed and I had tears in my eyes and I just kept playing the scene I've and over in my head before I went for sleep. Agh! But that's something that needs to be fixed and I've seen snippets out if CoHF and I think they're getting somewhere. I also read this thing on Pintrest saying that Magnus gave his immortality to Izzy so he could be with Simon. I don't know if it's real or not and I swear, if that happens... I don't know if I'd be happy or not. Because, that leads into my next point. 

2. JEM AND TESSA ARE IN IT!! If you haven't read The Infernal Devices and are waiting for CoHF to come out, STOP! Go and read The Infernal Devices then come back. Because I think there's going to be stuff you need to know. Oh, and can someone PLEASE explain to me the end of Clockwork Princess. Where they're on the bridge (which I ADORABLE!) and Jem isn't a silent brother anymore? Is it after CoHF? Or does he become a Silent Brother again?! I'M SO CONFUSED! And I'm not sure if I want Jem and TESSA to be together... I loved them together at the start but then he left her and Will. And became a Silent Brother and everything happened and I didn't like him as much anymore. Plus in the epilogue, recounting Tessa's life up until then. All her friends dying and having kids and grand kids and then leaving them and Will. That was upsetting. 

3. SIX CHARACTERS WE KNOW BY NAME WILL DIE!! All I can say is that Sebastion better be one of them. Yes, I still call him Sebastion. I know he's technically Jonathon but Sebastion is easier and less confusing. But I don't know how I feel about characters dying. And I suppose they could be characters I don't really care for like Raphael or Cammile but that still leaves three. And I guess it kind of annoys me now, knowing that 6 WILL die. Although I can kind of prepare myself for reading on the bus. Kinda. Probably not. Which leads me into...

4. Simon's Sacrifice. One of the chapters is called Simon's Sacrifice and at first I thought, "He might have to give up the mark of Cain." Then I remembered that he already gave that up. So now I'm worried again. He can't die. He can't. At least, I'm fairly sure it's illegal to kill off Simon. But then I don't know what he will sacrifice. I just can't wait until I find out. It's killing me. 


5. ONE SHIP WON'T COME BACK!! What?! No. Just no. Does she mean that one of them dies? Or that the ship wot get back together? Because that really only means Malec and I've already addressed that. Unless it's a Sebastion ship. Because I'd be happy is Sebastion died. 

6. I also read a twitter response photo thingy (whatever). The question was; "what would Sebastion look like if he wasn't part demon?" And Cassandra Clare replied with "you'll find out." YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO US CASSANDRA! You can't lead us on like that. And that leads me to think that if we see Sebastion without the demon part of him, will he become a good guy? And will I change my opinion on him dying? Will he be someone to die? I JUST DON'T KNOW! 

7. We will meet characters from TDA. This I'm not really anticipating as much as some of the others but I'm still excited to see what she does with it. And since  TDA is set between TID and TMI, does that mean some of the characters are immortal? Will there be another warlock?! WILL THERE BE POTENTIAL ROMANTIC INTERESTS FOR MAGNUS, SIMON AND (maybe, depending in the Jem situation) TESSA?!?!

8. And I think Sebastian has (or gets) a girlfriend. Or at least he gets to kiss someone... I think..

But I think that's enough for today. I've had my fangirl. I can't wait to read it. I'm not going to have a social like for the next few days. Fun. :) Anyway. 

Happy Reviewsday Tuesday. 

P.S. Due to my obsession with this book. I may not be able to post as regularly because I'll be too busy reading. I'll probably haven't finished soon-ish though so yeah. 

And I realised I used abbreviations a few times.

In order of appearance;
CoHF- City of Heavenly Fire
TMI- The Mortal Instruments 
TID- The Infernal Devices 
TDA- The Dark Artifices
TLH- The Last Hour
Malec- Magnus and Alec ship name
CoLS- City if Lost Souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)