Labels

Sunday 4 May 2014

Amigurumi

My most recent hobby at the moment...

Definition of amigurumi: Amigurumi is the Japanese trend of knitting or crocheting stuffed animals and dolls. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning soft toy.

I like crafts. Sewing, knitting, paper crafts, pretty much anything. But I have never crocheted, I've just never tried. But I saw these little pokemon crafts and I REALLY wanted them. And because I can't buy stuff, I usually try to make it. So I found a pattern and what do I find, they're crochet...

 So, yesterday, that was my project, learning how to crochet and do a magic ring (that was not fun) and other stuff. My mum had a crocheting hook and we have heaps of wool lying around the house so I was set. Today I'm hoping to (at least) start on one of the little pokemon. But I'll keep you posted, wish me luck. :)

Happy Sunday.

P.S. Isn't this little guy just so perfect! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)